Text & Voice reminder service
If you have a mobile phone number registered with us, you will now receive an appointment reminder by text 24 hours before your appointment.
For those patients who normally attend annually for a blood test and / or an annual review with the nurse or doctor, we are starting to send invites out by text or home phone voice message. If you have a mobile phone number registered with us, the invite will be sent by text. This is the preferred method.
If you do not have a mobile phone number registered with us, you may receive an automated call on your home phone. When you answer the call, you will hear a recorded message starting “This is a message from Clay Cross medical Centre for…” Please follow the simple instructions to confirm your identity. You will then hear the recorded message asking you to contact the surgery to arrange the necessary appointment(s).
We want your mobile phone number!
Our preferred method of communication is by text message because:
- Text messages can by read when it is convenient, whereas a phone call has to be taken when the phone rings.
- Voice calls will be terminated if your answer phone is switched on.
- Text messages cost less for us to send.
- Appointment reminders are only sent by text message.
- We may choose to send some messages only to those patients with a mobile phone.
You can help us to increase the number of mobile phone numbers on our files by:
- Telling us your mobile number when you visit the practice or when you call us. You can also give us mobile numbers for other members of your household.
- Complete a slip available on reception.
Please help us to further improve our service by providing your mobile phone number. Thanks for your support